Windell Daniels Public Housing & Housing Choice Voucher Program
Scholarships will be granted to public housing and Housing Choice Voucher residents of the Wilmington Housing Authority who apply and meet the criteria as outlined. Up to $1000.00 per semester will be awarded to the college or university which the applicant has been accepted. All funds will be utilized for educational purposes only.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university of their choice.
- Applicant must be a resident of the Wilmington Housing Authority Public Housing program or a participant of the Housing Choice Voucher program.
- Applicant must complete an essay about their community involvement and their goals.
- Applicant must include a letter of reference.
- Applicant must include acceptance letter from college or university,
- Applicant shall be considered without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age or disability.
- Amount of award is up to $1,000 per semester if applicant qualifies.
- Applicants must apply for the “Windell Daniels Memorial Scholarship”.
- If applying for Cape Fear Community College, applicant must contact the CFCC Financial Aid Office. All other applicants must contact Annette Williams @ the Wilmington Housing Authority, 910/341-7700, ext. 230.
- Recipients must agree to attend the WHA Scholarship Event held annually during their award year. if possible.
- Final award decision will be made by scholarship committee
LaShanunta Love, 2008-2009
Shaniqua Dubrey, 2007-2008